The Facial Identification Proficiency Test is designed for those who are completing facial comparisons as part of their regular job duties either as a facial reviewer (one who adjudicates candidate lists) or a facial examiner (one who conducts a formal systematic facial comparison) and have been determined to be competent (as reviewers or examiners) by their respective agency, organization, or other entity. The test is accredited by the ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) to the ISO/IEC 17043:2010 standard for a Proficiency Test Provider with certification available here.
The test includes 20 pairs of facial images for comparison and is available only online through our online testing portal. This testing portal provides the participant with some tools for image processing (e.g., brightness, contrast, zoom, rotate, etc.). The testing portal is supported in the latest version of the following browsers only: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. Office specific internet protocol restrictions may prevent the usage of the testing portal at your work location. Alternative arrangements may need to be made.
To enroll a group of students, please contact us at [email protected] or call 571-480-5000. If you are purchasing for an accredited lab please contact us directly.
- The test can be purchased by an individual or for groups. Click the “Purchase Now” button to begin the purchase process. To register a group, contact us at [email protected] or call 571-480-5000
- The price for the test is $300 per person per attempt on the exam.
- Application/enrollment deadline for tests is April 15, 2023.
- Proficiency Test materials will be made available May 1, 2023.
- Submissions will be accepted until June 1, 2023.
- The report will be made available no later than 30 days after the close of the test.
- Each participant will be emailed their username, along with instructions for the test on the day the test is released.
- Privacy/Confidentiality see https://www.idealinnovations.com/privacy-policy/
- All identities of participants in the Proficiency Test scheme are known only to those involved in the operation of the Proficiency Test scheme that have a need-to-know unless the participant waives their confidentiality.
- All information supplied by the participant is treated as confidential and only accessed as needed to communicate with the participant.
- Exceptions are made when another party requires the Proficiency Test results to be directly provided to them in lieu of, or in conjunction with, the Proficiency Test participant. This will be documented in the agreement to provide the Proficiency Test to a participant and will be communicated to the Proficiency Test participant prior to the start of the Proficiency Test.
- Another exception is made when a regulatory authority requires the Proficiency Test results to be directly provided to the authority by the Proficiency Test Provider. This will be documented in the agreement to provide the Proficiency Test to a participant and will be communicated to the participant prior to the start of the Proficiency Test.